Hi Shannon

You can use GWT Portlets with whatever widget libraries you like. It
provides a portal server like environment and programming model. Your
portlets can be built using any set of GWT Widgets including "ExtGwt".
We are planning to add some more demos to GWT Portlets using different
widget libraries (e.g. the pageable grid from the incubator project).

Cheers
David