SOP basically says that the GWT app can only talk to the domain from
where it was served.  With that in mind, I think you have two options:

1. Configure the web server for your primary domain to proxy your GWT
requests to your sub-domain - mod_proxy for Apache will achieve this;
or
2. Simply serve the page containing your GWT app from www.gwt.mysite.org.
That could be either a full redirect to that server, or maybe even
serve a static HTML file + GWT app from www.gwt.mysite.org into an
iframe of the main site.  The latter suggestion is not pretty, but
might work for you.

I hope that helps,

Chris.