On 22 sep, 12:23, student cummins <becomp4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am an engineering student and my group is supposed to make REST APIs
> for a web service using GWT..
> We are complete newbies and currently lost about where to begin...
>
> Is there any documentation about how can we make our own REST APIs
> using GWT???
> Actually we don't know how to build rest api s using anything at all!
>
> Can anyone help?

If you don't even know what a "rest api" is, first read RESTful Web
Services
http://books.google.com/books?id=XUaErakHsoAC&printsec=frontcover

You'll quickly find that GWT won't help you. It will be able to
*consume* restful web services, but not "build" them (GWT is all about
the client side; for the server-side, use servlets when in a Java
environment, such as Google AppEngine).
(and if you start talking about GWT-RPC, then go read the book again,
believe me!)