I would like to allow the following... (I know this could cause XSS
issues but the users of this system are trusted).

DOM.getElementById('someid').setInnerHTML("<script>alert('hello!');</
script>");

If run this in hosted mode it appears to do nothing. If I compile and
browse this with Firefox/Firebug it looks like the right markup is
being added to the page but not executed.

I am able to do this w/ JQuery or plain JavaScript I wonder if GWT is
encoding the <script> tags?

Thanks in advance.

John