What would rock the world is to be able to do something like declare a
variable on the server side "volatile", and link it to the client side via
some machinery built into a library.  Then, you don't have to write all of
the RPC stuff yourself.  Something like a publish-subscribe mechanism, with
a router in between.  This would be great for events also.