Anni,
Just to double check, I created a new GWT 1.7.1 project named TableTree with
the same GWT.log() code within onModuleLoad(). Upon running, it did in fact
log to the browser debug window. The one difference that I did notice was
that my TableTree.gwt.xml file actually resides within *
gwt.trees.tableTree.client* whereas you mentioned yours resides in *
gwt.trees.tableTree*,

Thanks,
Chris Ramsdale