Hi

That is possible in V2 - Milestone 1 just released

Hermod

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-web-tool...@googlegroups.com] På vegne av balachandra maddina
Sendt: 8. oktober 2009 14:42
Til: google-web-toolkit@googlegroups.com
Emne: Modular loading of widgets, is it possible?

Hi There,

  Im aware that GWT obfuscate the compiled javascript code well, but still i
dont want to load all my application javascript in one shot. im more
interested on loading different widgets as modules. one of the reasons is my
application is complex and code kept growing and i kept adding more events
to handle different views which resulted a not so friendly maintainable
system.

so what im planning to do is load a module when a link is clicked(event
triggering but not like a 100 events. thinking if i can manage all of them
with a few events) in my landing page and this module will have children and
all the necessary support for their rendering will be supported by the
parent(the module which is loaded). typically in my application ill be
having a number of these modules and the scariest part is most of them are
complex. so im very keen on not loading all the modules in one single big JS
file rather im planning to load them something similar to OpenSocial Gadgets
where an externally created component(gadget) can be loaded into the
container.

My question is, is this possible? if possible how can this be done?

any help on this would be very much appreciated(please...)

Thank you,
bala.