GWT gives you the opportunity to log exceptions the way you want them.

For server side exceptions, just override the
RemoteServiceServlet.doUnexpectedFailure()
in your RPC Servlet and put appropriate loggers over there.

For client side exceptions, call GWT.setUncaughtExceptionHandler() and
register your error handler.

When used together, you have the opportunity to log meaningful exceptions in
any way you desire.

--Sri