Hmm... Ok, I see. I will try googling. Thanks.

Well, the reason for different sessions in different tabs is this
scenario: Using a special link, a user can embed (a part of) our
application into his website. If a user browses to his website and
opens the same website in a different tab (which might happen
frequently, maybe because all links on the page open in new tabs),
problems will arise. As a stand-alone application, I agree, it doesn't
really make sense to have different session id's for the same user in
different tabs.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll look into session URLs and if that
doesn't help, --- well, I'm sure to find something else :).

Thanks,
Philipp