On Oct 26, 6:32 pm, Ian Bambury <ianbamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you like to expand on your reasoning behind that comment?
>
> Ian
>
> http://examples.roughian.com
>
> 2009/10/26 Eric <erjab...@gmail.com>
>
> > If you program creates handlers and attaches them to the panel,
> > simply deleting the panel and recreating it risks memory leaks.
>
> > Respectfully,
> > Eric Jablow

Suppose your panel contains a custom widget where you create
a handler as a non-static inner class, and suppose you add that
handler to another object outside the panel.  Unless you are careful
to remove the handler when you reset the panel, the handler still
holds a reference to its enclosing widget, and the widget cannot
be garbage-collected.  It's an old problem in the Swing world.

I wrote things slightly backwards earlier.  Sorry about that.

Respectfully,
Eric Jablow