Sounds like a tricky problem. I haven't worked with menu bars so I'm
not sure this will work. What I'm thinking is that you could use a
placeholder menu bar in the table cell that doesn't have any menu
items. Then, when that is clicked on, display a PopupPanel with the
real menu bar and position it relative to the placeholder menu bar.
You may have to play with styling on the PopupPanel to remove any
decoration and/or margins to get the effect right. You'll also have to
capture which menu item (assuming there's more than one) was clicked
on the placeholder and simulate a click on the corresponding item in
the real menu bar.

Or maybe you can do away with the menu bar in the table cell
altogether and make your own drop-down menu using PopupPanels. It
depends on what you're looking for in terms of user interface feel.

-Brian