I've been in touch with GoDaddy's tech support because I'm convinced
that it's an issue with the directory layout and/or config files, but
they keep telling me it's a different issue.  Maybe it is (I don't
really understand this apache/tomcat stuff).  Site is at
www.codingventures.net/FrontEnd.html.

GWT version is 1.7.  I've done an ant build and just copied the
contents of war/ to html/ recursively.  Here's what the directory
structure looks like:

html/frontend/gwt/
html/frontend/<generated html and javascript>
html/WEB-INF/web.xml
html/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar
html/WEB-INF/lib/jdbc-mysql.jar
html/WEB-INF/classes
html/WEB-INF/classes/org/...<class files>

...pretty standard I suppose (the dev guide says a separate WEB-INF/
classes directory is acceptable).  The url-pattern tag in web.xml is '/
frontend/blog', and I've gotten a 500 error when going there in the
browser once, and have gotten a blank white page otherwise.

I've tried to follow the dev guide here:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/1.6/DevGuideDeploying.html, but
can't figure it out - every attempt is met with frustration.  Since
tech support isn't very helpful I figured I'd turn here.

packages are org.codingventures.blog.client & server,
server.admin_tools, server.test, & server.utils.  Here's the web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
    "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>

<web-app>

  <!-- Servlets -->

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>blogServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.codingventures.blog.server.BlogServiceImpl</
servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>blogServlet</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/frontend/blog</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

  <!-- Default page to serve -->
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>FrontEnd.html</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

</web-app>