On Dec 22, 11:46 pm, ericv <eric.vaut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Starting
> point:http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiBinder.html#Us...
>
> My goal here is simply to bind an image, and update it later on if
> necessary. I implemented the following code as a first step, but I
> keep getting "Found widget <g:Image resource='{resources.logo}'> in an
> HTML context". I'm unsure as to what that means; does the container
> need to be initialized somehow?

You can only use widgets (<g:Whatever>) as direct children of other
widgets, or descendants of <g:HTMLPanel> widgets.

> Code:
>
> public class Sandbox implements EntryPoint {
>         public void onModuleLoad() {
>                 BinderUiTest test = new BinderUiTest();
>                 Document.get().getBody().appendChild(test.getElement());

Where the hell have all of you been seeing this code to add widgets to
the page? Widgets should be children of other widgets, except for two
cases: RootPanel/RootLayoutPanel, and those widgets created by their
wrap() static method.
In your case:

   RootPanel.get().add(test);

> public class BinderUiTest extends UIObject {
>         interface MyUiBinder extends UiBinder<DivElement, BinderUiTest> {}
>         private static MyUiBinder uiBinder = GWT.create(MyUiBinder.class);
>
>         @UiField(provided = true)
>         final Resources resources = Resources.INSTANCE;
>
>         public BinderUiTest() {
>                 setElement(uiBinder.createAndBindUi(this));
>         }
>
> }

If you want to have an Image widget as a component of your
BinderUiTest object, you have to turn it into a Composite (probably
using an HTMLPanel widget as the root object).