Thank u for the corrections and your response.

To further clarify our problem domain.  We want a Microsoft .NET based
application to run our GWT app and and that server is on
xxx.somedomain.com.  To load up our GWT app , we wanted to source in
the cache.js and subsequent data transfers through RPC  from our java
based tomcat server , in the same domain but on a different host
yyy.somedomain.com. If I understood u correctly, the architecture that
will bypass SOP would be

* Create a Relay/Proxy on xxx.somedomain.com.. it is a IIS server and
no servlets on that host.
* The Relay as a relay should do , forwards the request ( any
request ) to yyy.somedomain.com.
* In the html src=http:// xxx.somedomain/g-control/gwtc/z/
z.nocache.js.
  This when loaded by the IIS server , actually relays the request to
yyy.somedomain.com.
* Any RPC executed on behalf of the downloaded js , will be to
xxx.somedomain relayed to yyy.somedomain.com

And thus we bypass SOP.

Have I understood this correctly.. ( even though it seems I have just
repeated your post ) and is it a well known practice top beat SOP ?