As you mentioned in your previous mail, you are not a lawyer. So you can
come with theories and interpretations of LGPL and decide on use of a
library. I suspect you are a happy user of GWT and the widgets it provides
out of the box and that if you really wanted to use SmartGWT LGPL, you'd
consult the legal team of your company rather than speculation based on your
"non lawyer" interpretation of what really is pretty clearly spelled out in
the SmartGWT license file COPYING.html.

FYI Hibernate also adds the clarification on what they consider dynamic
linking and that use of Hibernate never affects the license of the users
code. https://www.hibernate.org/356.html
The SmartGWT license clarification was based on this. The use of Hibernate
is also not without caveats as you make it sound. Any application that users
Hibernate also runs into a gray area since due to dynamic proxying of
objects by Hibernate there is indeed modification involved. This is the very
reason that Hibernate too added the above license clarification.

If you are a user of Spring, Spring has a class
IdTransferringMergeEventListener
that extends org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultMergeEventListener and modifies
its runtime behavior.

Nobody is forcing anyone to use a free product - SmartGWT LGPL, and
similarly no favors are being done if anyone does chose to use the free
product.

This is getting off topic now. If anyone needs further LGPL clarifications
when using SmartGWT, feel free to post on the SmartGWT forum.

Sanjiv