I was unable to find a solution in the discussion group, and I've been
unable to find a solution on my own.  I probably missed something and
apologize ahead of time for draining someone's time.

Here is some code in question:
public class entry implements EntryPoint, HistoryListener {
   public onModuleLoad() {
      RootPanel.get().add(new MenuObject());
      History.addHistoryListener(this);
   }
   public void onHistoryChanged(String token) {
      Window.alert("Testing " + token);

------- New Class -------
public class MenuObject extends MenuBar implements Command {
   public MenuObject() {
      super();
      this.addItem(new MenuItem("Test", new Command() {
         public void execute() {
            History.newItem("Test");
         }
      ));
      this.addItem(new MenuItem("Test1", new Command() {
         public void execute() {
            History.newItem("Test1");
         }
      ));

In this case, I've found that the selection of any MenuItem in my
custom MenuBar will not cause a change history event to occur.  If I
were to place a complete MenuBar object in my entry point (not
separated into a different class), the change history event will
occur.

At the same time, the history token updates in either case.  There are
no problems with the tokens in my browsers.

Is there anything that you guys could recommend to get history changes
by the external MenuBar class to trigger the history change event?