prem schrieb:

> I tried to read a excel sheet by using Java.io in a GWT project in
> clint side.

If you search the error-message in this group you will find many
threads explaining why this can't work.

> And the same code is working fine with normal java with command
> prompt.
>
> Can any one suggest the prob?

The reason is explained already many times.

> and how to solve this problem??

The solution is to send the excel to the server, let it process
the XLS and send e.g. a CSV or a serialized java-object back to
the client that is used to present the "sheet" on the client side.

Regards, Lothar