Hi

Flash and GWT is an area I've had great fun with...

Whilst incorporating Flash into parts of our product, we've not found
it to be a simple exercise :(
Alas our EmNOC product has to cover browsers of all ages.

I'm unable to pass on the wrapper I have as it's very product
specific, but here's some of the issues I created it to cover.

So I used SWFObject, and around that my own JS "class". This wrapper
is then exercised by a GWT "Flash" wrapper class.
This handles:
- the possible delay waiting for Flash to load whilst the GWT is
already up and running
- simplifies the interface between GWT and the Flash components used
- handles case where Flash Player is not available
- within our EmNOC product, Flash is placed within a Deck and we also
have a few tabs per page. With non-IE browsers, the Flash content gets
unloaded when hidden and this causes state loss for the view which had
to be handled so state could be reasserted when the Flash content was
viewed again

Chris