Why not reference your styles from a CssResource that itself is wrapped in a
ClientBundle? Something like:

*Resources.java*
public interface Resources extends ClientBundle {
  public static final Resources INSTANCE =  GWT.create(Resources.class);

  @Source("UiStyles.css")
  public MyUiStyles uiStylesCss();

  @Source("calendar.png")
  public ImageResource calendar();
}

*MyUiStyles.java*
*
public interface ImagesDialogCss extends CssResource {
   public String datebox();
}
*
*
*
*MyDialog.ui.xml*
<ui:UiBinder xmlns:ui='urn:ui:com.google.gwt.uibinder'
  xmlns:g='urn:import:com.google.gwt.user.client.ui'>

  <ui:with field='resources' type='com.google.gwt.sample.client.Resources'/>

  <g:VerticalPanel>
    <g:Image addStyleNames='{resources.uiStylesCss.datebox}'
ui:field='someFieldId' />
  </g:VerticalPanel>
</ui:UiBinder>

I might be overlooking some details, but you should be able to use the above
to share your UiStyles.css w/o having to declare an associated <ui:image>
element all over the place.

-- Chris