> Chris, do you know if there is anyway I can set a similar "continue" type
> process for what happens when users click on the email link after CREATING a
> google account? At the moment they are just taken to a "thank you for
> confirming your account" screen, which is all very well, but we would much
> prefer for the user to be able to then click through to our application

Right now there is no way to force the "Account Creation Confirmation"
screen to follow the "continue" param. To make things more complicated, the
user will have to verify their account, which is completely decoupled from
your app. I would suggest adding some text which lets users know that
they'll need to either a) refresh your app once they have verified their
account creation, or b) click the sign-out link and sign back in with their
newly verified account.

You could also set a timer that inspects the contents of the iframe, and
auto-refresh in an attempt to catch the account verification that may occur
in a separate tab. To do this though, you'll need to catch the response,
otherwise you'll end up with an iframe that appears to be refreshing the
same content.

Net, net: there is some room for improvement within the Google Account
creation process.