I disagree completely. There are still a lot of people using IE6 in
the corporate world. One place where GWT really shines is to help
deliver rich in functionality, business-focused applications, given
the complexity management that java gives you.. Dropping support for
IE6 would be a major problem for a lot of developpers who use it to
target these users as telling them to upgrade from IE6 is at this
point still not an option. GIven the pressure is increasing on users
to upgrade, we'll get there but a lot of people still need this
support at this point and telling developpers to stop upgrading gwt
would be a real annoyance.

Pascal