Hello Robert,
Thanks for the reply. Actually I was hoping for a 'shorter' way to
determine the current row with a trick via DOM. Of course, your
solution will work, but I was wondering if there is a way in DOM to do
this; something like:

        @Override
        public void onFocus(FocusEvent event) {
                TextBox tb = (TextBox) event.getSource();
                Element td = tb.getParent().getElement();
                Element tr = DOM.getParent(td);
                Element body = DOM.getParent(tr);
                int row = DOM.getChildIndex(body, tr);

                System.out.println("=" + row+"  "+tb.getText());
        }

...FlexTable implements FocusHandler and with every
textbox.getTextBox().addFocusHandler(this);

Note that this snippet DOESN'T work.