Label text appears to ignore the Alignment.CENTER (at least vertically) when placed within a VLayout. I haven't actually noticed anything else, but I didn't want to get a long way into what's going to be a very big project and hit a show stopper, so I'm was looking for a workaround should something critical turn up. So far, I've only checked one version of one browser on one OS.

I thought I had seen a mention that smartgwt should be used in "quirks" mode, but I can't find the reference. I'm happy to work with you to solve any issues arising out of using an "html" doctype, that's obviously the best solution.

I've done as you asked and placed a small sample on the forum.

Regards

Alan

ckendrick wrote:
What layout issue on what browser with what code?  This is not a known
issue, so to get it addressed, post a test case to the SmartGWT
forums:

    http://forums.smartclient.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14