Is the browser actually loading the GWT nocache.js file ?
Use firebug plugin (Firefox) or equivalent to ensure that the browser is in
fact loading the GWT JS file.

Sometimes the script tag will not actually execute if you for example don't
have start end tags.

<script ... />

and there used to be a "feature" is some browsers that <script></script>
tags would not actually execute if there was no space between them in the
HTML. Odd stuff.
Check with firebug anyway .. first steps.

r.