I have a mature GWT 1.5.3 application that I am trying to migrate to
version 2.0.3. The projects (1 main, 3 commons projects) compile and
build fine under 1.5.3. We use Maven to do the builds, and maven-
googlewebtoolkit2-plugin version 2.0-RC1 to compile the GWT code. Per
examples I found on the GWT site, we use the org.codehaus.mojo gwt-
maven-plugin version 1.2 to invoke the 2.0.3 compiler.

My support projects all compile without error and are placed in the
Maven repository. When I build the master project I inevitably get the
following error:
[INFO]    [ERROR] Errors in 'jar:file:<jar-name>!<GWT-class-name>
[INFO]       [ERROR] Line 19:  Failed to resolve <gwt-service-class-
name> via deferred binding
[INFO]    Scanning for additional dependencies: jar:file:<jar-name>!
<GWT-wrapper-class-name>
[INFO]       [WARN] The following resources will not be created
because they were never committed (did you forget to call commit()?)
[INFO]          [WARN] <service.rpc.log-name>
[INFO]       [WARN] For the following type(s), generated source was
never committed (did you forget to call commit()?)
[INFO]          [WARN] ...<Service_Proxy name>
[INFO]    [ERROR] Cannot proceed due to previous errors

There are 6 modules to compile and the error does not always appear on
the same module (I really can't figure out why that is the case). It's
always the same service class that it fails to find, and that
particular class has an @UrlBinding annotation.

Does anyone have a solution? We were hoping to take advantage of some
of the new features in version 2, but now we have to rethink this.