The expenses application code isn't that easy to follow, haven't
deciphered it yet.  Even the author prefaces the nature of the code...

* This app is a mess right now, but it will become the showcase
example of a
* custom app written to RequestFactory

 * UI shell for expenses sample app. A horrible clump of stuff that
should be
 * refactored into proper MVP pieces.