I have a 3x3 Grid, and I am putting only background images in each
cell, but these images have to touch.

Right now, I can't remove the cell spacing with CSS. I tried every CSS
style property on both the Grid (TABLE) and the cell-panels (DIVs
inside TDs).

I inspected the generated HTML elements and because I put a
SimplePanel in each cell, each <td> contains a <div> with the
background. Is this the cause?? In normal HTML i would never do this,
and let the background be contained directly in the <td>, but I have
no clue how to do this in an elegant way in GWT (so now I am stuck
with the divs?).

Main thing: how do I remove the spacing?

                Grid grid = new Grid(3,3);
                grid.setStyleName("grid");

                SimplePanel cell;
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("NW");
        grid.setWidget(0, 0, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("N");
        grid.setWidget(0, 1, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("NE");
        grid.setWidget(0, 2, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("W");
        grid.setWidget(1, 0, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("C");
        grid.setWidget(1, 1, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("E");
        grid.setWidget(1, 2, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("SW");
        grid.setWidget(2, 0, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("S");
        grid.setWidget(2, 1, cell);
                cell = new SimplePanel();
                cell.setStyleName("SE");
        grid.setWidget(2, 2, cell);

I have these css styles on all the <table>/Grid elements, and on all
the <div>/SimplePanel elements:
    margin-top:0px;
    margin-bottom:0px;
    margin-left:0px;