On 24 mai, 17:30, Alexandros Papadakis <alpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the i18n issue, we have the following problem: We have one average
> sized
> application which we deploy many times.
>
> For every deployment, labels and other i18n related information changes.
>  For every installation
> we have to go through a re-build. Even worse, today an installation uses
> only English, tomorrow
> it might have French (when I have the translation) and a few months down the
> road Spanish..
> A recompile, and a re-install is required every time..

How about using "dynamic i18n" (Dictionary) then instead of the
"static i18n" (Messages, Constants).
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideI18n.html#DevGuideDynamicStringInternationalization
Of course, dynamic i18n won't work with ImageBundle/ClientBundle,
which however support static i18n...
And you won't be able to use UiBinder i18n:
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/DevGuideUiBinderI18n.html

Another option is to take your selection script (*.cache.js) from a
compile in -style PRETTY so you can easily hack it to remove locales
(and you can then even run it through the Closure Compiler if you want
to obfuscate and optimize it; or hack your own obfuscator/optimizer
utility based on GWT's StandardLinkerContext#optimizeJavaScript)