As far as i understand when we had deploy our application into apache we had
copied *content   from war not war folder. *
and no need to create war file using that command

i.e. if ur apps name is 'demoapp' then create 'demoapp' folder inside
webapps and put that content frm war inside this folder and try and access
this using

http://localhost:8080/demoapp/

i think this will do.

try it out.