So I understand gwt's rpc serialization and I've been using it for
quite some time.

However, I'm wondering if there is a manual javascript serialization?
Let me explain ...

Passing things over rpc works great for dynamic data, but what if you
have initialization data that doesn't change?  Since it is
initialization data you want it available when the page loads and not
have to worry about timing issues.

So, here's what I'm looking for.  Say you already have a valid rpc
serializable type and you've created an object out of it.  I'd like to
"serialize" this to javascript so I can write it directly into my
webpage (via php, jsp, etc).  Then, something in gwt would be able to
reconstitute this into a java object for use with gwt.

I know I can write such a thing, and I've done it before, it just
seems so close to rpc serialization that it might already be done?