I need to be able to do this efficiently in a 50X8 Grid. I need it for
the individual cells within the grid. It seems that all I can get to
work on my grid is a simple click handler.

Grid.addClickHandler(this);
and then whenever a click event occurs (a click down and then a click
up in the same cell), it fires public void onClick(ClickEvent event).
I need much more usability than this for my individual cells.

I was playing around with the idea of possibly adding a blank html
object to each of the cells and having it fill the cells, but this
seems like it would be slow, and I would run into some problems down
the road with table borders. Is there a way that I could access the
Grids native HTML cell objects themselves? If I could somehow access
those I would be able to add click handlers and what not. Still not an
ideal method, but better than adding my own HTML panels and dealing
with border issues.

Do I have any other options?