+1

Blessed Geek wrote:
Maven is great when used as a "more capable Ant", but sucks when used
for everything else that it has been so far been used for (like
attempting to create the Universe in 7 days).

Maven as a build dependency and testing setup tool is not bad but the
way it has been misused for everything else so far sucks. Despite any
enthusiasm anyone else has for Maven as a all-in-one Swiss knife all-
purpose tool, my personal observation says that Maven is the wrong
tool to use to perform MVP/MVC building (as well as almost everything
else).

Maven is a good tool to be used in-house within great companies like
IBM or Google who have some spare change to hire someone to maintain
the scripts to perform esoteric tasks like MVP/MVC code preparations
and concoctions but not for small companies or contractors.

Therefore, it is a disappointment that GWT 2.1 decided to use Spring
which has a huge dependency on the abuse of use of Maven.

GWT MVP/MVC should get back to the basics of XML XSD, like what
smartgwt is doing. I am hoping the GWT architects will provide an XML
XSD client side exposure to ui widgets and provide the specs to it so
that I could write my own mavenless data-ui binding (for example in
groovy).

I would like to request GWT architects to provide an alternative to
Spring for data-ui binding, with a more direct xml xsd route.

I am also writing this to encourage people to stop misusing maven,
because it spews out a lot of entrails and unlike a compilation error
in java or c++ from which you can easily spot the error, maven is like
Perl - because when you write in Perl, you don't need an obfuscater.