On 11 juin, 15:26, Magnus <alpineblas...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot find a reference documentation for the UIBinder XML syntax. I
> googled all day long, but all that I find are examples, even on
> code.google.com.
>
> E. g. I need the allowed tags and attributes for a Grid structure...
>
> Where is the documentation?

1. UiBinder by default maps element names to widgets and attribute
names to setters (attribute values being converted depending on the
setter's argument(s))
2. HasHTML widgets can contain HTML markup, HasText widgets can only
contain text, and HasWidgets widgets can only contain other widgets
(whitespace is ignored)
3. Some widgets (I don't know any in GWT itself) have a @UiConstructor
annotation so that some attributes are mapped to the annotated
constructor's arguments instead of setter methods
4. some widgets have a custom parser, in this case the custom child-
elements and attributes are described in the JavaDoc for the widget

A Grid widget has neither a @UiConstructor nor a custom parser, so the
default no-arg cosntructor will be used and you can set some
properties via attributes, but that's all. Everything else will have
to be done in Java.
(there's little to no use-case for a Grid or FlexTable in UiBinder
that would be "populated" from within the ui.xml; in most cases you
can either use an HTML <table>, or you'll use some kind of "data
binding" in your Java code anyway)