Use the Timer class for doing that. It's super easy to create and
schedule Timers for doing asynchronous and delayed work like that.

Or you could even make it better by fading from one color to the next
color as an animation.

Just make a class extend the Animation class and you'll auto override
the necessary methods to change the color incrementally. It's pretty
easy.