I have exactly the same error, except that it happens in IE7. The
application runs fine in IE8. The application is built with GWT 2.0.3.

For the record, the faulty generated code is:

function entry0(jsFunction, thisObj, arguments_0){
  var initialEntry;
  initialEntry = entryDepth++ == 0;
  try {
    return jsFunction.apply(thisObj, arguments_0);
  }
   finally {
    initialEntry && $flushFinallyCommands(($clinit_15() , INSTANCE));
    --entryDepth;

I need to find a work around, so does anyone know what part of the GWT
generates this code?