Hello Stefan,

Thanks for the question.

First let me say that I am a fan of the work that is being done by the
Roo and GWT teams.  Our goal in releasing additional generative
tooling for Spring has always been to give developers additional
options and capabilities that largely complement the free options
available from SpringSource.

We have a page that highlights some of the key differences in approach
between Roo and MyEclipse for Spring here:
http://www.myeclipseide.com/me4s/faqs/faqs_tool_comparison.php

Specific to GWT, the most important difference for developers to
consider is the GWT version.  ME4S supports GWT 2.0.x which is the
current GA version and is based on the best practices presentation
from Ray Ryan at Google I/O 2009. You can find that presentation here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDuhR18-EdM

The Roo integration for GWT is targeted at GWT 2.1 which looks to be a
great set of additions to GWT, however it is still a work in progress.
Most of the low level variances in the code that is generated reflect
the difference in GWT version supported.

Another difference is that ME4S generates code that does not use
separate aspect files or design time annotations .  Our goal is to
generate reusable software components from your existing technology
assets like RDBMS tables, WSDL Documents, POJO's or Entities as
quickly as possible giving you options as to which project, source
folder, and package you would like the generated code to go into.

You can review videos of the GWT and other scaffolding options from
ME4S in action here: http://www.youtube.com/user/myeclipseforspring

Finally, we have an option to let you generate JUST the GWT front end
and Service stub without requiring the use of any specific back end
implementation including Spring.

ME4S can start from your existing Java code, WSDL, or RDBMS definition
and generate reusable GWT front end components that are tied to your
data model and which follow a strong MVP / Command pattern.  These
components can be mixed and matched together to build more complicated
downstream applications that go beyond CRUD.  The Remote Services are
stubbed out to allow you to integrate with the server side technology
of your choice, or you can accept the defaults and let ME4S build out
a layered CRUD backend that includes JPA Entities, DAO’s, and Services
all wired up using Spring.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you would like to have more
detail.

Thanks
Jack Kennedy
Skyway Software