On 20 juil, 21:19, Thad <thad.humphr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My application uses FlexTables mostly to present database records of
> one sort or another:  Query a table on the server, get back a list of
> records, and select a row to edit a record or to open a file indexed
> to that record via a document management system.  The tables are not
> fixed; they are whatever the user finds when he logs into a particular
> server.

If you don't have cells spanning multiple rows or columns, I'd go with
a Grid rather than a FlexTable (performs much better).
But what you're asking is even better served by the new CellTable
coming in GWT 2.1, which will also use a <thead> for column headers
and <tfoot> for column footers. In the mean time, have a look at the
different tables in the GWT-Incubator project; I don't know how they
display headers and footers (thead? th? td?) but at least they perform
even better than Grid or FlexTable, and can give you sortable columns,
scrollable tables with fixed columns headers and footers, paging of
data, etc. (I haven't used them, so don't ask me how they really work,
I'm currently prototyping against 2.1m2, thus using CellTable)