> I wont to know if by checking the "user.agent" property in the gwt.xml

I don't know what that returns but have seen this in my servlets with
Android 2.1

"GET /myCache.manifest HTTP/1.1" 200 1120 - "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U;
Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Magic Build/EPE54B) AppleWebKit/530.17
(KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17,gzip(gfe)"

...so if user.agent isn't telling you, I think you can figure it out
server side.  User agent would return "safari" for this phone wouldn't
it?

> And also, are there "nasty" restrictions on the JS (thus GWT classes)
> on those browsers ?(at least for those very widely used)

I haven't seen any on the browser used for Android 2.1

Shawn