David,

On Aug 26, 7:54 pm, David Chandler <drfibona...@google.com> wrote:
> David,
>
> At this time, there is a lot of activity around the 2.1 release, and
> you can get some sense of this by watching the SVN trunk. In addition,
> the GWT team has considerably stepped up maven support (see recent

I've been looking at all the checkins. I'm aware of what is coming,
but we already have
build a fast table with cell renderers, incremental rendering with
multi TBODYs to get the fastest renderings,
so we are not really waiting for the new features. It's nice that
there will finally be a better table, but will it be
extendible enough ? Will all bugs be fixed quickly ? You can not
expect the community to fix every bug, especially
if the problem is somewhere deep inside the compiler or event
dispatching code (like the one I reported on PopupPanel in IE).

> blog posts), which was one of the top issues in the issue tracker. As
> always, addressing particular bugs is a question of priorities, but
> rest assured that the GWT team is well aware that no one wants to see
> new features added at the expense of stability.

Then why is there so little progress on fixing bugs ? It looks like
the whole team is working on 2.1.
When I look at New issues in the tracker I can see over 900 bugs that
are still marked as new, it takes me back all the way to November
2006.
There are indeed a lot enhancements but there are quite a lot of bugs
as well... like stack overflows with the RPC... in 2.0 DeRPC was
released, but with a big warning that it was not stable yet. Will it
be 100% for 2.1 ? Or is there a newer system used by the data aware
widgets ?

> As for the @CssResource issue, if this is still unresolved for you,
> please star issue 4903 (http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/
> issues/detail?id=4903) and we'll revisit it.

I read through the newsgroup thread but I must say I don't agree with
everything that was said there. CssResources are really great, just
too bad that they were not retrofitted to the existing widgets.

But I guess that the main goal would be for the declarative UI system?
What I do agree upon is that the build in widgets of GWT are very
limited in extendability (button in the titlebar of a dialog ... who
would not want it ?) and they are not supporting CssResource directly
so I have to fallback to @external which takes away a few nice
features of using a CssResource.

David