Also MVP part one was great as Gold . Two while still a great concept
was not strictly speaking MVP .

Both tutorials sort of contradicted each other , while the first one
still true to the spirit of MVP , second one was a mutated brother of
MVC (not necessarily a bad thing as such but it is not MVP, evolution
is important ). Second one forces you to let your views define the
contract and apparently that worked for Wave team (and myself) ,
Presenter is still testable using junit , UI is lighter not just
because UiBinder but also because you can do we a lot less panels but
once again that is not MVP .

Okay coming to your question why frameworks . Well because without a
framework working in GWT was like have sex first time , no body knows
how to do it right but every one is still having fun . Frameworks like
GWTP and Errai (from jboss) puts the foundation of what should be done
and how . Just that a standardized way .

But having said that do not go near Roo with a full stomach you will
throw up :)