Thomas and Stephen -
Completely agree that if you are testing one specific GWT application that
you have developed, it is always better to

   - grep for XSS vulnerabilities,
   - manual code review + directly invoking RPC services from a java program
   for SQL Injection.

But what if you are doing a black-box security review, and don't have a
access to the code? The above techniques don't work in that case.

There are automated scanners for regular web-applications, but AFAIK, there
is nothing in the market for penetration-testing a GWT application. From
what I understand, @Basdl is a security professional, and is probably
assigned the job of testing a GWT application someone else built. In that
case, there is nothing much he can do but to write a tool that does some
reverse engineering of GWT generated code.

I had started degwt to build that reverse-engineering tool to be used in
such cases, but as with most open source projects, I lost steam half-way
through. Its *not* useful for most people in this mailing list, because the
vast majority will always have access to code. But for a few people like me
and Basdl, I believe it has some potential.

--Sri