With ability to bid on multiple bidding at the same time I think what
you are leveraging is the ability to do multiple AJAX calls to server
simultaneously which is GWT strength but is not unique to GWT. There
are many AJAX engines out there.

I feel where GWT stands out is to able to push a lot of logic
processing code on client side which would be hard to write in plain
Java script.

I would suggest to think of something where you are doing a lot of
processing on client side and providing a fast response to the end
user.