If it is basic auth then you should just be able to use JSONP, since
it is cross site, if form auth you will need to have them auth before
making the request.  Remember you can't make cross site requests
directly, but JSONP allows you to work around that.  Since it is an
authenticated request a server-side proxy is not really an option, so
you are pretty much stuck with JSONP.