Hello Andrew,

A couple of ways spring to my mind:

1. Use conditional comments [1]. This way you can easily display a
message to IE6 users that their browser is not supported and focus on
IE7+ CSS
2. If you override the user agent in your module xml file with
everything but IE6 then the GWT compiler will classify IE7 user agents
with the IE8 codebase. In my projects I've found that to be safe as
IE7 behaves more like IE8 than IE6:

<set-property name="user.agent"
value="ie8,gecko,gecko1_8,safari,opera"/>

[1] http://www.quirksmode.org/css/condcom.html