hello Артём,

thank you very much for your input! i kept on thinking about the idea.
i had to realise that even if one could compile the plugin code (java)
to javascript the _real_ problem still remains:

- how can you load this plugin code at runtime?
- what are the implications on the development process (i.e. the way
plugins are developed/tested) when plugins are loaded dynamically?
- what must (not) be part of the plugin javascript source (e.g. to
avoid doing gwt initialisation twice (?))?

i think there are two ways to build an appstore-ish application using
gwt:

(1) static plugins: plugins are part of the codebase i.e. they are
already "installed". thus they are already part of the platform and
users might (in-)activate them using the application itself. for more
details about my idea see
http://code.google.com/p/honeycrm/wiki/PluginsStaticApproach.

(2) dynamic plugins: everyone can potentially create plugin files and
publish them somewhere on the net. users will upload them to the
(plugin-aware) application. this has to extract the plugin, put the js
source into the database and perhaps has to update the configuration.

from my point of view (1) is the preferred way of doing it because of
the simplicity of a potential implementation. for some sample code see
http://honeycrm.googlecode.com/svn/branches/PlatformTest/. (1)
simplifies a lot of things - especially the live of the plugin
developer.

how should plugins be developed and _extracted_ from the development
system (for publishing them)? if you want to create external
repositories where people can download plugins, they have to be self-
contained. how could this be achieved for (2)?

however, the most important thing i would like to discuss is: what you
think about (1) static plugins
http://code.google.com/p/honeycrm/wiki/PluginsStaticApproach

kind regards,
ingo