Hi,

I would also advise you to give a try to Objectify: I abandonned jdo
for it. Very efficient and much simpler!

Concerning your issue, Objectify works great: its annotations go
through via GWT and you can use same class on client and server.

See http://code.google.com/p/objectify-appengine/wiki/ObjectifyWithGWT

didier