You're surely right for the OpenID part. If you use appEngine as a
backend, see this article for details
http://code.google.com/appengine/articles/openid.html,
which uses Google as a provider (should work by simply replacing the
provider endpoint for other providers).

A well known general library is http://code.google.com/p/openid4java/.
This should work well outside of appEngine, and has good tutorials for
what I remember (I am on appEngine, so I switched tho their native
support).

I can't help for the oAuth part, sorry.

Regards
Lorenzo