Is the mysql driver jar file in the server's runtime classpath? It ought to be in your war file.

On 05/11/10 13:23, Ross McKinnon wrote:
Hi there,

I've spent numerous hours this week trying to get my existing GWT
application to connect with an existing MySQL database with no luck.

I've created my code to connect to the database using JDBC and is kept
in the server package to ensure it remains as java code.  Also i have
included the mySQL jar file in the build path for the project but
still get an error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver ...

I have tried numerous ways of getting the database and have ran out of
ideas now so thought I would consult the experts to see if any kind
person can lend a hang..

Thanks for any help,

Ross