Any class that participates in GWT-RPC should have a default
constructor which is invoked during deserialization (on either size -
server and client).

The initialization code in your constructor is never trashed. It may
happen that based on the data transferred, the values would get
overwritten.

If you can post across what are you trying to accomplish, you may get
better suggestions :)

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish