Hi,

I thought I have done this before with GWT...

I have an RPC call to some resource. If something unforeseen (untested
bug) happens during the RPC call in the server-side processing, I want
to use the regular error-page mechanism to automatically redirect the
browser to some standard error page (where it would announce that we
are finding whoever introduced that bug and firing them :-) )

I set this up in web.xml like this:
        <error-page>
                <exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>
                <location>/WEB-INF/pages/error.jsp</location>
        </error-page>

For testing, I try throwing NullPointerException from within my server-
side code. The exception seems to slip through the 'error-page'
mechanism and still shows up in GWT, i.e., in the browser with this:
"com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.StatusCodeException: The call failed
on the server; see server log for details"

Is what I am trying to do not possible in GWT??? Frankly, and maybe
because it's late :-), I don't understand why the 'error-page'
mechanism doesn't kick in no matter what and return the contents of
the error.jsp page at least. I.e., GWT should have no idea that an
error even occurred because the 'error-page' mechanism should have
caught it before the response goes back to the client.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Yaakov.